Beliefs, Philosophy, & Mission
Operating in a Christ - Centered atmosphere we believe that:
1. Every student is a unique individual with inherent worth, talents and abilities.
2. Each person should be respected and treated with dignity.
3. In keeping with the Franciscan Tradition, a student’s spiritual and moral growth (are vital components) of his or her education.
4. Christ is the focus of our existence and as part of the whole Church Community we have a vital role in the mission of Evangelism of our youth.
5. The curriculum should provide the student with a solid foundation to become a life-long learner.
6. Teachers must be adult role models of Gospel values for students.
7. We do not operate alone but collaborate with parents whom we acknowledge as the foremost educators of our children.
Mission Statement of Serra Catholic High School
It is the mission of Serra Catholic High School to evangelize young men and women in the Catholic, Franciscan tradition. We seek to form students spiritually, morally, academically and socially to follow Christ's command to Saint Francis to rebuild his Church.
Philosophy of Serra Catholic High School
We believe in answering Christ’s call to St. Francis of Assisi: “Rebuild my Church.” Our teachers nurture our students’ intellectual curiosity and serve as role models of Catholic values. Our students’ natural charisms must be recognized, developed, and directed toward service within the Church and their communities.
The education we provide, in collaboration with parents, equips our students to make moral and ethical decisions grounded in gospel values. Our students will move “always forward” toward fulfilling Junipero Serra’s calling, “Amor A Dios!”