EITC Overview & App.
Giving your business the opportunity to make an impact on the lives of our children.
What is the EITC Program?
Through the Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program, you may send your state tax dollars to Serra to provide tuition assistance to eligible families. Tax credits are awarded to businesses who contribute to a scholarship organization. Your business' taxes become a donation to Serra Catholic High School.
The Basics of EITC:
-Your business will receive tax credits for your donation to Serra Catholic High School.
-You may donate up to $300,000 each year.
-You will receive tax credits equal to 90% of the total contribution if your business makes a commitment to contribute for two consecutive years.
-You will receive tax credits equal to 75% of the total contribution if your business makes a commitment to contribute for one year.
-Claiming both a PA State tax credit and a Federal tax deduction could mean that your donation could result in a 100% tax savings for your business for the amount donated.
The EITC Process: Ten Easy Steps!
1. Visit for more detailed information about the EITC Program and link to the ELECTRONIC Single Application: http://www.newpa.com/find-and-apply-for-funding/funding-and-program-finder/educational-improvement-tax-credit-program-eitc. PLEASE NOTE: The application will now only be accepted when submitted online. No mailed/faxed applications will be accepted!! Contact Tim Chirdon, Principal if you would like us to assist you with your online application: 412-751-2020.
2. This handy online guide will walk you through the entire application process: http://newpa.com/sites/default/files/uploads/OSTC-EITC_Handbook2013.pdf. In order to avoid problems when logging in to apply, we would encourage that you complete the two-step, one-time registration process ahead of time – this includes setting up a user name and password to access your information. (*If you are registered in the old Single Application, you should not register again. Please log in with your current user name and password to update your account information.)
3. You will receive a letter of approval for participation in the program.
4. Your business must submit its monetary contribution within sixty days to the Diocese of Pittsburgh with a notation that the amount is to be credited to Serra Catholic High School.
5. The Diocese will provide an acknowledgement of the contribution.
6. You must submit this acknowledgement to the DCED (PA Department of Community and Economic Development).
7. DCED will communicate with the PA Department of Revenue and the credit is applied to your business tax account. A notice will be provided.
8. Your credit will be applied as if paid at the beginning of the tax year.
9. The credit is taken as a payment of taxes on your businesses annual tax return filing.
10. For pass-through entities that are passing the credit to the business owners, the business must complete an irrevocable election form to be filed with PA Dept of Revenue by the due date.
**The entire EITC process must be completed within 90 days from the date of DCED approval.
Serra Catholic High School would like to extend a big thank you to our 2016-2017 EITC Partners!! Your support is greatly appreciated.
- CASTA-SO II, LLC
- Maher Duessel
- NexTier Bank
- OSPTA@Home, LLC
- Reddinger, Will, Gallagher & Dickert, LLC
- Thomas Fastening Systems, Inc.
- Wheeler Bros., Inc.
Businesses can claim the EITC against PA taxes:
- Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax
- Corporate Net Income Tax
- Insurance Premiums Tax
- Mutual Thrift Institutions Tax
- Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax
- Personal Income Taxes – pass-through from S-corporations, LLC’s, LLP’s and partnerships.
YOU have the chance to decide where your tax dollars should go!
Click here for the EITC program brochure.
For more information, contact:
Serra Catholic High School
200 Hershey Drive
McKeesport, PA 15132
Serra Catholic High School is a qualified 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
Serra Catholic High School 200 Hershey Drive McKeesport, PA 15132
Phone: 412-751-2020 | Fax: 412-751-3488
© Copyright 2017-2018 Serra Catholic High School