Embracing the Franciscan tradition of educating the whole person, Serra Catholic provides opportunities for the students to participate in a comprehensive portfolio of athletics, fine arts, and leadership activities. In order to make this outstanding academic curriculum possible, there are a number of giving opportunities available to Serra alumni and friends.
Serra at a Glance
- Serra attracts students from 22 public school districts
- Fully accredited by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges, and the Diocese of Pittsburgh
- Teacher/Student ratio is 1:14. Average Class Size is 20.
- 76 college credits are available through our College in High School program
- Serra students test two to three years above the national average, according the Iowa Tests of Educational Development
- 100% Graduation Rate with 98% attending institutions of higher learning
- In 2017, our 87 graduates garnered over $5M in scholarship offers and acceptance at many prestigious private and public universities
- Outstanding Athletic Program with championship teams in Football, Hockey, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Volleyball, Bowling, Cheerleading, and Track
- Exceptional and Award-Winning Academic Extra-curricular programs, such as Future Business Leaders of America, Junior Achievement, BotsIQ, Science Fairs, Marching & Jazz Bands, and Numerous Honor Societies
- A student body committed to providing community service
Serra Catholic’s annual fund is a source of unrestricted gifts which provide tuition assistance to families and to enhance the curriculum and learning environment for the students. The annual fund is applied to the areas of the school with the greatest need and helps to support the present and future success of the school. With the commitment and support of alumni, parents and friends in the Serra community, Serra High School will continue to thrive in secondary Catholic education as each student benefits from the gifts given by previous generations.
Scholarship Endowment Fund
The Scholarship Endowment Fund provides tuition assistance to deserving and eligible students. Scholarships may be created in memory of loved ones or in honor of classmates and teachers.
For information or to establish a named scholarship, please contact:
Tim Chirdon, Principal at (412) 751-2020
Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC)
This Pennsylvania program allows business owners and corporations to send theirs state tax dollars to Serra Catholic High School. All of the funds Serra receives from the EITC program are used to provide tuition assistance for eligible families. This program gives businesses the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of our students.
For more information, please click here to visit the EITC page on our website, or contact Tim Chirdon, Principal at 412-751-2020.
Such a gift honors an alumnus, a member of our community, or a friend or family member.
Many companies will match employee charitable gifts. By participating in this program, your donation to Serra Catholic may be increased and perhaps doubled.
For more information, click here to view the Matching Gifts page on our website, or contact:
Tim Chirdon, Principal at 412-751-2020 ext 105.
Serra Catholic High School is a qualified 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
Serra Catholic High School 200 Hershey Drive McKeesport, PA 15132
Phone: 412-751-2020 | Fax: 412-751-3488
© Copyright 2017-2018 Serra Catholic High School