Miscellaneous Information and Reminders 11-13-23
Wed., Nov. 22 - Chrome from Home
Thurs., Nov. 23 thru Mon., Nov. 27 - Thanksgiving Break
With winter around the corner, this is your REMINDer to sign up for our REMIND text alerts. These emergency text alerts will be sent in times of inclement weather or for other school updates such as water main breaks. Only those who register for the service will receive the alerts. To register please review the list below for what code to send to the number 81010 or (469) 513-8746.
? 9th grade Parents: @schs09pare
? 10th grade Parents: @schs10pare
? 11th grade Parents: @schs11pare
? 12th grade Parents: @schs12par (please note par not pare)
? 9th grade Students: @schs09stud
? 10th grade Students: @schs10stud
? 11th grade Students: @schs11stud
? 12th grade Students: @schs12stud
Please pay close attention to announcements because, in some cases, information may change as the situation changes. Additionally, look at the following information to tell you exactly what to do in the event of a delay or cancellation:
- For student drivers: If a student’s public school district is on a 2-hour delay and
Serra is on time, students should arrive when it is safe to do so (the same applies if the public school district is closed and Serra is only delayed).
- If students rely on busing provided by their district, they should follow the district
delay, arriving at Serra by 10 a.m.
- If students rely on busing provided by their district, and the district is closed,
students will be issued a Transportation Absence.
- Plum, Franklin Regional, Kiski, Clairton, Ringgold, and Bell Vernon are to follow Serra’s status.
- Any individual delayed by weather conditions resulting in late arrivals must
report to the Main Office upon arrival and sign in.
- Students may be required to attend classes via the internet using their
Chromebooks on days when the building is closed. Students and Parents will be notified if this occurs.
Christmas Parade - November 16, 2023
BAND is looking for ALUMNI! Calling all BAND and GUARD alumni! Join us for the IRWIN LIGHT UP NIGHT PARADE on THURSDAY NOVEMBER 16th! Please email [email protected] or complete this form https://forms.gle/4W4jvsMr4BAS7rdZA
Serra Band - Virtual 50/50
The Serra Band is hosting a VIRTUAL 50/50! Please consider supporting our amazing band and walk away with some extra cash for this holiday season! Use this link to buy entries https://go.rallyup.com/serramarchingband
Click here for more information and view the flier.
Winter Sports Physicals
To the Parents of basketball, swimming, and bowling athletes:
All needed paperwork is attached to this email and also available and fully explained at:
There are 4 options to complete your paperwork:
- If you have not played a sport at Serra yet this school year, please go to the tab that says "full physical" in its title. Your physical has to have been done after June 1, 2023 to work for this school year.
- If you have just played soccer, football, volleyball, golf, cross country, or cheerleading and were not injured, go to the "parent-guardian recertification form" tab.No medical provider signature is needed....just a parent/guardian and a student signature.
- If you played something this fall and were unfortunately sick or injured, go to the medical provider re-certification form. The medical provider that took care of you has to fill this out.(If you were injured and returned to your fall sport as per doctor's orders, then you need the "parent-guardian re-certification form" for winter.)
- Also, if your winter sports physical was performed / re-certified / paperwork filled out earlier than mid October 2023, please also turn in a current "parent-guardian re-certification form." This is for your family to state that your student has been healthy since their last physical done between June 1, 2023 and mid Oct 2023.
Concussion testing dates for freshmen, junior, and new basketball players will be on Tuesday Nov 21, 2023.
You cannot participate as of Friday November 17 without a fully filled out, valid physical or proper recertification papers.
Please email any questions to [email protected].
Outstanding Items Letters
The Serra Business office is currently reviewing all tuition accounts and outstanding fees for every student. A letter will be sent to your email before Thanksgiving break to let you know if you have any fees/balances outstanding. Please be on the lookout for this letter and be sure to check with Ms. Cassie Fedor at [email protected] if you have any questions. Please remember, your finances must be up to date in order for your student to attend the Semi Formal. Thank you.
Sarris Online Christmas Candy Sale
Christmas is right around the corner. Why not give a gift of Sarris Chocolates by participating in the Online Only Sarris Candy Fundraiser. Please see the attached flier with more details. Orders can be placed until December 15th. There are also flyers in the main office if your student would like to pick one up.
For more information click here view the catalog.
RaiseRight (Gift Cards)
Christmas is coming … If you are planning on purchasing gift cards for presents, consider buying them from our RaiseRight Program and earn money towards tuition. Gift Cards have a certain percentage (i.e. Giant Eagle earns 4%, Panera earns 8%, etc.) that will go towards your child's tuition less a small administrative fee. For questions, please contact Mrs. Carr in the main office.
WINTER ATHLETIC SPORTS FEE
To continue our tradition of excellence in athletics, we require all families of student athletes to pay an athletic fee based on how many sports are played, according to the following schedule:
One Sport: $100.00
Two Sports: $125.00
Three Sports: $150.00
Please note that this is a mandatory school fee and is in addition to any team’s booster club’s activity fee. Please submit your payment to the main office by Friday, March 1st. Please indicate on the envelope your child’s name, grade, and the sport(s) they are participating in. If you have already paid for your fall sport, you only need to pay for your winter sport. If you have yet to pay your fall sports fee, we ask that you please pay it at this time. If you have already paid this fee for the year, thank you very much and you may disregard this message. If you have any questions concerning your child’s sports fee, please contact Ms. Cassie Fedor at [email protected].
Chick Fil A Day - November 28, 2023
Chick Fil A Day, this month, is November 28th. Your student was emailed a link this morning to place their order. All orders must be received by November 21st.